East West Industrial Park Ltd. was initiated by our chairman Mr. Harun-Ar-Rashid in 1979. He was born in 1947 in comilla , Bangladesh. After his completion of Masters degree in chemistry from Rajshahi University in 1969, he went to U.S.A in 1973.
He worked as a chemist in Mallinckrodt Inc; during his residing in U.S.A he also obtained two graduate diplomas in Marketing and Management. In 1978, he started importing jute products from Bangladesh. In late 1979, he initiated the first project of our company- East West jute products. This unit-exported jute made handicrafts to different parts of U.S.A. In 1980 he came to Bangladesh permanently with his family. Mrs. Tahmina salim, Managing Director, was involved with east west jute products from 1980.
After 5 years, Mr. Rashid along with Mrs. Tahmina Salim and other four partners initiated the first garments unit East West Fashion Garments Ltd., in Mirpur, Dhaka. By 1986 another unit, Fashion Trousers Ltd., was started.
For better manufacturing capability these two units moved to 186, Tejgaon Industrial Area, Dhaka in 1988. After 8 years, to compete in the global RMG sector, of the 90’s lead the company to move further with their quality and manufacturing capacity.
Our company with our banking partner Sonali Bank, Dhaka, bought 6 Acres of land in 1996 in chaydhana, Gazipur. Our objective was to create and design an international standard manufacturing RMG manufacturing complex with the most latest and ethical infrastructure. By January 1997, our first 5- storied building was completed. Three new units-Fashion Skirt Ltd. Fashion Trouser Ltd and United Fashion Ltd. were set up in this building to put into production.
By early of year 2000, we completed the second identical building of the first one, which is a 7 storied building. The previous two units, East West Fashion Garments and Fashion Trousers Ltd. were transferred from Tejagaon to this new Gazipur site the year 2003, we set up our own textile mill unit named “East West Suiting Mills Ltd.” in Savar with an annual capacity of weaving 9 lac yds of woven fabric. We produce 100% Poly and 100% Cotton fabric mainly.
Currently, all our units are running in Gazipur along with a unit of washing plant. Our Tejgaon bulding is the corporate head office and showroom for our brand Fit Elegance, which is the retailer of mens’ and ladies’ wear.
- An export oriented vertical suit and dress pant central manufacturing complex.
- Established in 1979 by MD Harun-Ar- Rashid , Managing Director and Founder East West Industrial Park.
- First business was Handy crafts , Exported to USA.
- Later in 1985 started off as one of the early RMG Manufacturing companies in Bangladesh.
- Focused on Dress Pant business in UK.
- Moved from the City in 1994 to facilitate growing needs of the buyers and for a better environment for all.
- Started first floor in Gazipur in 1997.
- Later years added new floors and buildings keeping priority on product ranges and brand.
“Committed to development and craftsmanship”
- Focus on continuous development of Human Resources, Compliance, Industrial Engineering , safety & Security.
- Commitment on product Quality, Technology, system and supplying better value and fashion to the brands.
- Central complex of 4 Buildings
- 13 sewing and 3 cutting floors
- Family of 6600 people
- Central store, finished goods and cargo loading areas
- 33 Trouser and 10 Blazer lines
- Capacity of 150,000 pcs of Blazers /Month
- Capacity of 440,000 pcs of Trousers/Month
- Product Category: Mens / Ladies Suits, Dress Pant, Waist Coats, Ladies Skirt, Boys /Girls School Pants/Shorts etc.
- Yearly Turn over : $43 M (2014). Projected 2015: $50 M.
- Production Efficiency: 40% Avg (2014). Target: 50% (2015)
- Central team for HR, Admin, Compliance, IE, Planning, Quality, Technical Support, Security, Material & Logistics